Bucharest Court sentenced the adman Marcel Straut, former chief of Bigger Group, to 10 years in jail for multiple crimes from stealing money and accessory to stealing money to money laundering. The decision can be disputed in appeal in 10 days since it was announced.
Straut must pay trial expenses of RON 12,000 and the instance decided to confiscate from him the amount of Euro 1.8M .
All in all, Straut was sentenced as it follows:
- 10 years in jail for money sealing – a deed that was causing damages to S.C. BIGGER S.R.L
- 10 years in jail for continuous money stealing – from September 2008 to March 2009 and damaging S.C. BIGGER CREATIVE SERVICES S.R.L.
- 10 years for accessory to money stealing – commited on March 10th 2008 and damaging S.C. BIGGER BTL S.R.L.
- 3 years for money laundring – between September 2008 – April 2009
- According to the Romanian law, Straut was sentenced to execute the highest sentence (10 years)
A law suit was started against Marcel Straut in May 2012, after he closed, in 2009, over night, the group of advertising agencies he was running, leaving behind damages of millions of Euros
Translation provided by AdHuggerCarmen Maria Andronache carmenpaginademedia.ro